Today, I helped out at my church with a food packaging program. This program is to help with another program, where the church feeds the homeless, or the shut in, by equally distributing canned goods, dehydrated products, flour, corn meal, sugar, and rice in bags. I got there at around 6:30pm, and, after about 2 hours, we had divided about 10 bags of goods, into a couple hundred smaller bags, which would get packaged, and sent with the Feeding the Homeless program.
This showed me how much I have, and how much I should be grateful for. It also taught me how difficult it really is to do simple tasks over a period of time, as I have to divide the bags in to smaller bags, tie the bags, put the smaller bags into bigger bags, and then carry the bags to a wall, where a security guard will put in a storage room in the back so many times, that it takes about 2 hours, with a group of about 10 people.
No comments:
Post a Comment