I have to write about all of my after school activities, so, here I go...
Basketball
This term, basketball wasn't exactly productive, because of all the rain that we've been getting. Also, for about 3-4 of the practices, I was having massive headaches, and was incapable of going to practice. Regardless, I still showed up whenever I could, and I'm slowly, but surely, improving my hit:miss ratio, and we, the team, are coming closer together, learning each other's weaknesses and strengths, and using those to our advantage. All in all, its been a pretty fun experience, and I don't regret doing it.
Model United Nations Club
MUN Club has been a pretty fun, and enlightening experience, because, as a debater for the past 5 years, it was an unusual transition going from arguing a moot, to stating how the moot is affecting your country, and what's being done to correct it. On top of that, in order to help us win the MUN competition to allow us to go to Tampa, or New York, we've been going to a training session at the UN headquarters, where we would practice our speaking, and learn from each others mistakes, as well as learn how to work collaboratively to create a fair competition, and a perfect speech to help the best speaker to win.
Investment Club
This term, I had become interested in investing, and joined Investment club to learn the art of making money with minimal effort, or so I thought. Investing isn't an easy process, you have to analyze the market, the curves, predict the market, and buy/sell before the other investors do, to make maximal profits. We, however, aren't making anything on the demo money that we started with, because of several mishaps, and the market not going anywhere. Also, as the secretary for the club, I've had to take note of what we've done every meeting, who comes to every meeting, and create stuff, like facebook groups, blackberry messenger groups, and an online chat room, so that we can perpetually be working on our portfolio. Its not all work, we still joke around, making investment jokes, watching movies like Broiler Room, or Too Big to Fail. I can honestly say that I've learned quite a bit from participating in this club, and I'm going to stick with the group, because of how much more there is for me to learn, and I hope that I learn more from it in my last two years of school.
Peter
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
No comments:
Post a Comment