Friday, 4 November 2011

Halloween Dress Up Day

Hey guys,
Today, Grade 11, at my school, put together a Halloween Dress Up Day to raise money for The Bustamante Children's Hospital. As a twelfth grade student, I was not a part of the planning of the activity, but I did support by buying a band, which would allow me to dress up for the day. Over the past few days, I threw ideas back and forth for my costume. I contemplated being a character from Doctor Who, but I lacked any materials to turn those concepts into real things. Then, I thought of going as binder paper, where I would put three black circles on the left side of my body to replicate the design of three punch paper. Finally, I decided to go as an executive business zombie. The night before, I had to paint my shirt, and tie, and tear up my shirt to imitate a zombie's clothing. Then, the morning of the dress up day, I had to paint my face using make up to replicate the pale skin and the sunken eyes of a zombie. That was the most painful part, because the eye shadow kept irritating my eyes, and my nose was itching, but I couldn't scratch either of them without rubbing off the make up. Also, the paint had not finished drying, so I had to keep from touching anything with my shirt. Then, in the day, drinking anything was hard because the make up on my lips tastes horrible, and I didn't want to have to taste it, or smudge my face. This was actually a really fun event, and I applaud the 11th graders for conceptualizing, and following up with the idea of a dress up day.

Peter
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel

No comments:

Post a Comment