So, today, my dad had taken me to a 5km run, in which I was asked if I wanted to take part in. Already being there, I said sure, considering I didn't have much else to do, and it seemed like it could be interesting. After the first few kilometers, I had started feeling exhausted, and my eyes strayed to several shortcuts. However, I kept on keeping on, and just repeated to myself that a winner never quits, and a quitter never wins. Keeping this in mind, I felt inspired to finish all 5km, whether it was by running, walking, or crawling over the finish line.
After 45 minutes, and hundreds of negative thoughts, I finally finished the race, and felt great about it. Finishing it, I thought to myself that the motivation of keeping up with my dad really paid off, and made me feel less tired that I was while running the race. All in all, it was a really great experiment, but I doubt that I would be up for another one for a very long time from now.
Peter
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
No comments:
Post a Comment