This past Saturday, the Cancer Society held their Relay for Life, an event made to raise awareness and money for cancer patients, as well as to commemorate the survivors and victimes of cancer. In order to give my help to the cause, I had showed up the morning of the event to help shovel sand into plastic bags, put the bags into paper bags, and organize them so that they would fit under the tent. I was fortunate enough to not be stuck doing one monotonous task for the whole time that I was there, and moved around from shoveling sand, putting the bags into the bigger bags, and organizing the bags. This whole thing really made me aware of just how many people cancer was affecting, and how teamwork helps the job go by more quickly, as we had eventually made a production line of people working together to get the job done.
Peter
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
No comments:
Post a Comment