Sunday, 11 December 2011

Boston Bay Cultural Center

Hey everyone,
Today, my class and I followed through with our class project, and went down to the Boston Bay Cultural Center down in Portland.
We had raised over 30,000$ to help us with this project, and we used it to purchase supplies for the center, and transportation. We were supposed to hang out and play with the children who go to the center, but not all of them could make it, so we played with the ones that could.
We started off by learning how to play a Brazilian martial arts, called Cabuira (not sure of the spelling) which is a way the slaves would practice for fighting without the slave traders knowing. Then, we all split up, and some of us went to play football with the kids, some asked the guy teaching us some questions on the martial art, some went down to the beach to go swimming, and others just wandered around.
This was a pretty cool experience, considering I had never learned that form of martial art before, and I got to see how people of a lower class lived, and give back to the country I had lived most of my life. I'll upload the pictures when, and if I get them.

Peter
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel

No comments:

Post a Comment