Hey everyone,
Its a new term, a new year, and I'm full of ideas with how to work on my self initiated project at the Marie Atkins Homeless Shelter.
I had gone back to the shelter for my usual monthly visit, and I had picked up on certain things that I hadn't noticed before, that I could have bettered with the use of a fund raiser. (Info on that closer to the actual date.) The shelter was short on cups, plates, and ran out of juice quickly. Also, it could have used a paint job, and new roofing.
Other than that, the experience hadn't changed, the people in the shelter are more comfortable with us now, and we're more comfortable with them. It really is a scary thing getting to come here, see how a simple change in a person's life can completely destroy their whole livelihood, and force them to live in poverty. It really forces you to appreciate the littlest things that you have.
Peter
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
No comments:
Post a Comment